Same old, same old
Happy New Year! We're still recovering from last night's festivities, but I have been thinking about my New Year's resolutions a bit. It's not difficult. One thing about my New Year's resolutions, I'm consistent. I always resolve to do the same things and I rarely accomplish them. Take a look at my 2015 resolutions, for instance, four simple items …
Resolved for 2015 ...
- Lose some weight by eating healthier (and less!) and avoiding junk food
- Exercise regularly … especially back exercises
- Finish and publish another book … a cookbook, maybe?
- Be kinder and better-natured – I have the propensity to be more cranky the older I get
Sad to report, these resolutions look suspiciously the same as 2014, 2013 and 2012. Had I resolved to gain 10 pounds this year, not finish a book and exercise irregularly or not at all, I'd be happily resolved and totally pleased with myself. I'd still be working on the kinder, better-natured item.
So for 2016, I'm really getting down to business and the list is a little longer. Resolved …
- Lose weight … eat less, eat healthy, less alcohol, blah, blah, blah
- Exercise … walk, floor exercises, blah, blah, blah
- Finish a book … I have four started. You'd think with a whole year before me, I could get one finished, huh?
- Work on the new website. I have a mental block using the new software. I need to get past it. I was thinking if I promised myself a tasty snack every time I finished a page, that would be a good incentive, but then resolution #1 goes out the window again. An unresolved conundrum!
- Continue writing a daily blog … this one's easy that's why I included it.
- Be kinder, gentler and better natured … one can only accomplish so much in a year's time, but I plan to keep trying.
This year, David added his own resolutions …
- Eat healthy and smaller portions
- Write a blog once a week
- Finish a book
- Quit smoking
“But, David, you haven't smoked since 1980.”
“Yeah, I figured I needed a ringer.”
Check back in about a year...we'll see how we did.
Please resolve to travel with us in 2016.
Happy New Year everyone!